Well, here’s the first of what will be many! Finally I have photos of the finished Olya Shirt I started at the beginning of March. With the weather being so rubbish, I had a long time to wait for something decent that did the shirt justice. Of course, this means that in the mean time, I was able to wear the shirt and be even more happy with it!
As described in the work in progress post, I made the 14, with no adjustments. I also changed the constructions of the cuff binding and tower plackets slightly – spending so much time on getting those pieces on nice and straight that I made a rather large mistake… I put them on the wrong sides!!! Nevermind, the shirt still works, but I was annoyed when I finally discovered it when I put on my perfectly made cuffs!
It hasn’t altered my love of the shirt. As previously stated, the instructions are good and clear and leave no doubts as to how to proceed. The fabric is viscose marocaine, which has a crepe-like texture. It’s heavier than regular viscose, not as drapey. It was great to work with as it doesn’t slip around!
I’ve worn this shirt loads and now wonder why I hadn’t got round to making it earlier, I have had the pattern since October! I’ve made a second already, and am planning a third to happen pretty soon!
4 thoughts on “My Heart Goes Boom Boom, Boom”
That is an awesome fabric! Really suits you. I used to have a blouse in a similar print and it was a firm favourite
this is a great fabric-pattern combination! you look absolutely lovely in it.
Love the way you worked the stripes! Looks so couture, I’d never find anything like that in any shop. I haven’t logged on in ages and love seeing all the things you have made for yourself and your girls!
Thanks! This pattern is actually very good for using stripes!