It’s been tricky to catch up on the projects made for the daughters lately, they’ve had stuff delivered, either in person or by the very helpful Royal Mail, and I never see it again! I have asked for photos, but so far nothing has been forthcoming. So I managed to persuade Daughter No2 to come home to help with the putting up of the Christmas tree, and to bring at least one item she’s had recently so I can get photos!
She brought one of the skirts I made using skirt 117A from February 2017 Burda. I’ve been using up various bits of leftover fabrics on this pattern, and this one uses some fabric I bought aaaaages ago in Derby. I had planned to make a jacket with it, I liked the leaf print at the time, and the canvas has good weight. But – I never used it, and when I dug it out of the stash earlier this year, I knew I wouldn’t use it for myself. I offered it to Daughter No2, not expecting that she’d go for it, when she said yes please! Another of “those skirts”!
I added the pockets, again, and tried a chunky, exposed zip in the back. I left the flaps off this time – not exactly intentional! I’d been putting the pockets togeter and admiring my handiwork, when I realised the flaps were still sitting on the cutting table! Oh well it’s worked out ok without them! She’s actually had this skirt a while, and it’s been worn in both the warmer weather with tees and trainers, and now with tights, boots and a jumper. The neutral colours of the fabric means it goes well with pretty much most of her wardrobe, and I love it with the orange coat I made her two years ago!
It’s been rather chilly these last few days, winter has properly arrived with cold frosty mornings and bright sunny days. I have a little pile of wintery stuff to use for more of these skirts, one a nice bit of leftover wool plaid that I’d made a jacket for Daughter No1 when she was in Sixth Form. That fabric has been hanging around for a while! Time to be used, and removed from my stash!