Sewing Plans Progress

Sewing continues, I’ve been toiling and trying to use up scraps in equal measure.  I’ve finally found a use for the patchwork of left over fabrics – large cushion covers for daughter no 2.  I’ve also made a blue and rust cushion cover for myself, to use at the allotment.  It used left over fabric from other projects and looks good a cheerful on my turquoise chairs!  I need to get a photo for you!

As far as toiles go, the working toile of the trousers, 115 May 2019 has worked out well, no alterations needed.  I do need to find a suitable fabric though, I don’t think there’s one in the stash.

dsc_0090_44084860690660701510.jpg
The working toile of 115 05/2019

On the other hand though, I have at least make one pair of trousers for the changing seasons – the Teddy Designer Pants have been remade for cooler weather in a lovely soft pale grey wool.  I locked myself away in the sewing room for a whole day and just concentrated on making them, which was lovely.  Even though the weather was good and I should have been out in the allotment.

However – I was having such a good time sewing that I made a little booboo.  I managed to fold the pleat on the front the wrong way!  And this I only realised once I happily put them on to revel in my new trousers.  So….  now they’re in the altering pile.  How annoying!

On the good side though, Daughter No 2 loves the toile of the trousers 120 August 2019, and it looks like they need no alterations or adjustments whatsoever.  Unfortunately, it wasn’t the same with Daughter No1.  Not only did they not fit well, but they just didn’t suit her.  Not the right style.  I still have to toile 107, also from August 2019, the pattern is all traced and ready, but the allotment is a fickle place and doesn’t like the competition! 🙂

I have finished the two tops I had planned to make in jersey fabric, making a navy blue LB Pullover from a textured jersey I got from Rosenberg & Sons two years ago at the NEC, and a blue and beige(?) striped Uvita, fabric bought from a sewist who was destashing on Instagram.  I need someone to be around to take photos of all these things, so for now all I have is a selfie…

Daughter No 2 has been the recipient of a new blouse, again, I’ve no photos of her in it yet, but she’s assured me that she likes it, but maybe next time make it a little shorter.  The top in question is 120 from June 2019, made in Liberty Lawn from the stash.  Yay for stashbusting!  The mint buttons are from the button stash too.

Daughters No 1’s vintage 80s vogue patterns have arrived and are partway through the toiling process, so now it’s wait and find out time.  I really hope they they work out, the pink worsted wool I have in mind for the “cross dressing women” pattern is just devine!  But first, I have to plant late potatoes to have some to harvest in time for Christmas, get the vegetable allotment ready for autumn sowings of broad beans & peas, and get ready to plant shallots, onions and garlic to overwinter!  And continue, in the meantime, to harvest and find interesting ways to eat rather a lot of courgettes….

img_20190814_073401_9117116971132182912665.jpg
Big, bumblebees on the globe thistle in the cutting garden
dsc_0018_121982215063006536409.jpg
My first ever pepper! On the vegetable plot.

Author: Anne W

I love fabric, and sewing. And I could do nothing else but sew, all day, every day, if I could!

2 thoughts on “Sewing Plans Progress”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.