More sewing getting done! Must be the weather, April showers have arrived just on time! 😀 I have moved indoors this week due to a couple of rainy days chasing me off the allotments. I have less than 2 weeks to go before we’re off to South Africa, so there’s a lot to do, both sewing wise and gardening. As I knew the bad weather was on the way, I cut out 5 projects on Monday afternoon/evening and started the sewing on Tuesday (yesterday). But I’m not going to show you what I made yesterday just yet. Today I made a Kabuti Tee in viscose, and started on a dungaree dress for Daughter No2, which I spoke about in my last WIPW.
The Kabuki Tee is one of those boxy, loose fitting tops that looks so completely different in a drapy fabric. It’ll be lovely and cool to wear in the summer. It’s a pretty simple pattern, the only tricky thing is getting those sharp corners sharp! I always pop a bit on interfacing on the fabric that I’m snipping in cases like this, just to reinforce the fabric and support that snip and spread. It definitely helped with this viscose!
Next up was the dungaree dress. This is one item that Daughter No2 is rather keen to have in her suitcase for the holiday, so I HAVE to finish it!! The fabric is stretch cotton twill from Fabworks Online, chosen by Daughter No2 herself. It’s a lovely, cheerful green, perfect for spring and summer! The pattern is 115 from April Burdastyle magazine 2017. It’s also not a tricky pattern just has a few pieces to get together.
I started with the front bib and pocket and added the loops for the d-rings. The front and back bib pieces are all done now, and I’m ready to get the waistband bits on and start on the skirt and pockets. I hope it’ll all be done by lunchtime tomorrow, when I need to get to the allotment to plant my Mother’s Day present, a Bramley Apple tree! Can’t wait to make apple pie with my own home-grown apples!