It’s harder to find misses than it is to find hits! But it seems they’re all my projects, and they’re not Burda patterns….
The first one is the jumpsuit I made in the summer. This was sort of a wearable toile. I had toiled it, made adjustments to the leg length and graded between sizes for the hip-waist-bust areas. I used a 3m length of border printed viscose. I haven’t even blogged these, never managed to get photos, which is a shame. They’re good, but still need many adjustments, not least of which is to shorten the crotch depth and lift the point of the v neck. I also need to find a lightweight invisible zip. The one I used is too stiff really for viscose. However, it was super cool and comfy to wear in the long hot summer we had this year. I hope I’ll be able to make the pattern again next summer and fix the issues this jumpsuit has.
This top had various issues, I’d self drafted a copy of a top in one of the Kana’s Standard books, and initially I thought it was good, but on wearing more, the neckline is too wide (I did that on purpose, but it’s not right) and it’s just a little too billowy at the hem. I’ve put it aside to recut and reuse in some way.
Another attempt at a copy of a Japanese pattern was this top, I’d used a Burda pattern and altered it to get the flare. But it was too long and too flared and I wasn’t all that comfortable in it. The colour’s not quite right either, it’s a beautiful viscose in a silvery grey, but I think it needs to be darker. It’s joined the above top to be sorted, but I’ve yet to get to it.
It seems that the issues were to be had with me trying shapes I don’t usually wear, and finding those a little “not me”. They’re not disasters by any means, and can be fixed in some way.