Wow. Just. Wow. Now I never in my teeny weeny life expected this project of mine to do anything remotely earth shattering. Or to have any number of people following it. It was all just about me getting my little grey cells working they way they should again! Anyways, turns out Jeyco over at I’m liking it has awarded this little blog the “Versatile Blogger Award”. Me! 😀 Thank you for even noticing this blog in the very big wide bloggersphere! It’s quite exciting, that people actually do visit and read my blurb!
So, according to the rules I have to pass this little number on. 15 unsuspecting bloggers are in line for this, but with this award multiplying 15 times everytime it’s passed on, there is bound to be some overlap, so apologies if I list someone who has it already!!
1. Thank the person who gave the award and link to that person:
Thank you again Jeyco, I am honoured that you stop by and like what you see and read.
2. Add the Versatile Blogger Badge to your website:
3. List the rules.
4. List 7 things about yourself:
- I love sewing. (bet you didn’t see that one coming!)
- I cannot function without music. Music is definitely food for the soul.
- I have two of the same sewing machine. Seriously. They are Bernina 830 Records, from the early 1970’s. I inherited my first one from my late mother-in-law 15 years ago. The second I bought from my good friend who emmigrated back to the US and couldn’t take her baby with her. Win for me! They are fabulous machines. I also have 2 overlockers, a Bernina 5 reel and a Janome. Nedless to say I use the Janome more – it has fewer hangups.
- My mum taught me to sew. Teachers at school tried but failed miserably. It wasn’t until I left home that I realised that cooking and sewing were not only necessary skills, but could also be very rewarding!
- I love books. Fiction books, cook books, sewing and fashion books. There are always at least 3-4 books piled next to my bed to read, nevermind I am so knackered by bedtime I hardly get to read any of them! School pick up time is the best time to read, provided I get there early.
- I love seeing the people I have taught get excited about their projects, both those in progress and the finished items. I love the satisfaction they get when they realise they’ve made something, and that it looks great!
- I have every issue of the Burdastyle magazine from January 1993. If you ever need anything…. ;p
5. Pass the award on to 15 dedicated blogs.
This could be tricky. I really haven’t been blogging for that long…
- The Selfish Seamstress – I just love her writing! She always makes me smile, and her latest post re fabric shopping in Italy made me positively drool all over my keyboard!
- Pattern Scissors Cloth – If you’re ever stuck for a technique…
- Urbandon – For superb out-of-the-box type thinking in men’s wear.
- Dresses on a clothesline – I love her photographs and styling. Inspiration for Daughters 1 & 2.
- Ooobop – A journey in sewing.
- Brandie Raasch Photography – Stunning photos, fabulous inspiration!
- Jezze Prints – For making me want to try all sorts of new things, and buy stuff I shouldn’t!
- See Kate Sew – Just fun to read (informative too!)
- The Daybook – Sydney has great style, and I love reading her blog entries. Little baby Everett is the cutest too!
- The Daring Domestic – Found recently via Pinterest.
- Sprinklebakes – While daughter no 2 occupies herself making some of the fabulous stuff on this site, I get on with sewing!
- Catherine Daze’s Blog – Gets stuff sewn up so quickly!
- Julia Bobbin – She makes fabulous clothes. Just fabulous.
- A Fashionable Stitch – All sorts of interesting sewing stuff!
- Sew Well – Another blogger with good intentions!
6. Let them know about the award. Comments on the way! These blogs are all cool and interesting to me, I hope some of them prove inspiring to others too!
Phew! This has taken so long to get together! Now enough of the typing, back to sewing!! 😀
11 thoughts on “The Versatile Blogger Award”
I’m glad you seem happy with this award. You deserve more than this cos your work is just great! I thank you too for sharing those blogs!
Thank you Jeyco!
Thank you so much! What an honor! I had just written about having a lucky week when I saw this post, so I added your award as an update here: http://sewwell.wordpress.com/2012/03/16/just-my-luck/ Have a great weekend, and happy sewing!
You’ve had a fab week! Sorry to have lumbered you with the award twice now! 😀 Although it was bound to happen with 15 blogs to add. You’re lucky you only did 2!
Thanks for naming me!
Always a pleasure Don, your stuff is so cool.
Thanks for nominating my blog! And now I have more new blogs to check out, always nice.
It’s a pleasure Catherine!
Congrats Anne – blog awards are nice aren’t they and you are very deserving of it :o). Plus we get some new blogs to explore, as Catherine said.
You know I’m not surprised that you have every issue of the Burdastyle magazine from January 1993 – have you used each magazine? or do some have their pattern sheets still in their printers creases?
Hehe, most have been used, but there are always a few that aren’t inspiring. I have to say there are more new ones I haven’t used than old ones. Most have little turned down corners marking the stuff I think might get made. One day 🙂